Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bad Daughter?

My resolution this year is to be a better daughter, a better me.

And today I just had an argument with my father over our moisture/mold situation, which, by the way, has affected me most.

Am I a bad daughter? Or are my father and me just too similar? Y'know, in our stubbornness and strongwilledness.

I can't help it. I try to just ignore it or let it roll off my sleeve, but sometimes, most times really, I just want to keep it up. We both want to win the argument and in the end neither wins. Just exhausted and emotionally drained.

Today's wasn't a big fight. An annoying tiff really. Still... I broke my resolution already.

Keep trying to improve, right? I'll try. But not sure how long I can.

Each time I upset my father and complain about our house (the house I never wanted to move into in the first place and got stuck with what I thought was a wonderful room that is now turning out to be a spider and mold-infested pigsty), he'll tell me to move out. Move to where? With what money?

And each time I'm tempted to move out like a teenage runaway. Except in those movies they generally have happy endings. Mine wouldn't.

For now, we are the estranged father and the estranged daughter semi-attempting cohabitation in a moisture-cursed home. Scratch that. HOUSE, not home.

No comments: